Fig MasghatiCourse: DessertCuisine: IranianDifficulty: Easy
In a pot, whisk the wheat starch into the water until fully dissolved.
Wheat starch – ½ cup
Sugar – ½ cup
Fresh pureed figs, sieved – 2 cups
Water – 3 cups
Saffron – bloomed
Rose water – ½ cup
Butter – 50 grams
Ground cardamom – ½ tsp
- In a pot, whisk the wheat starch into the water until fully dissolved.
- Put the pot on a medium heat and stir frequently. Add sugar and keep whisking until the mixture simmers.
- Add the pureed figs. Mix well until it is smoothly combined.
- then, add the following ingredients in respectively: the bloomed saffron, the butter, the ground cardamom, and the rose water. And, keep stirring for another 10 minutes.
- Add the 2 tbsps. of slivered almonds, mix and turn off the heat.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep rectangular dish and sprinkle some slivered almonds and pistachios on top.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Cut them into squares. Transfer to a plate and serve with tea.
- Nooshe jan!
- Recipe Credit: persianculinary.tours